The Two Become The Last In August

(I added a mid August update and some pictures further down below after the early August post. I lost my very first Silkie hen on Wed the 19th after posting this and will update soon because it seems relevant.)        

EARLY AUGUST THOUGHTS, FEELINGS, 4'S, MUSIC, AND OWL'S       

        August has not been too eventful so far, with some exceptions. I have been having the usual repeating numbers coming in waves like 11:11, 4:44, 3:33, and others. Nothing out of the ordinary there. On the night of Friday August 7th around 8 PM I had half a thin crust supreme pizza in the oven and decided to let the dog outside to use the bathroom while it was cooking. He charged at something near an oak tree in the backyard and a barred owl flew up, around the backside of the tree, and into our neighbors yard right over the cattle fence that separated our yards on the property line. It perched in another tree and was one of the few owl experiences I have had since I had two strange owl death experiences in 2025. I wondered if this dog was Hercules reincarnated and I had a bizarre, mystical, and almost magical experience last year with him in another owl experience.

        The next door neighbor had his dogs out and they charged over to the cattle fence. Our dog ran with them along the fence. They kept going back and forth along the property line. This is the only playtime our dog gets with other dogs and I had the timer set on the oven so I wasn't worried about the food burning. Another neighbor showed up and needed a favor so I helped him out. Things kept happening that were not according to plan. The owl was gone when I came out twenty minutes later with a flashlight; it hadn't dropped any feathers for me either. I had wanted to eat and make a trip to the grocery store and I still did but later than I wanted to. 

        I saw the first half of that Hail Mary space movie on Saturday the 8th which had an odd 117 reference. That night around 8 PM I went onto youtube and I saw the certain young woman pop up in my recommended. I have been busy building chicken coops and taking care of other things but I keep up with some of her content. The view count on her video was all number 4's and the video had been posted 4 hours earlier. I had been seeing 4:44 quite a bit at the time. She looked so sweet and beautiful but I just don't want to talk too much about her until I can change things. If she is reading this, I still don't have feelings for anyone else. 

        I watched 13 Moon Tarot on youtube sometime after and she kept coming across the number four in her reading just after 17 minutes in which I thought was really interesting. Her description of the number four reminded me somewhat of the certain young woman too.

        As far as music goes Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls played recently on the radio in the car, I am not sure when. In early August Youtube recommended the song Is This Love by Whitesnake.  I am not sure why. They also have something called Not Dio which is an AI that sounds like Dio singing songs that he never actually sang. I normally have very mixed feelings about AI but I kind of liked it and it sounds very powerful much like him. I also appreciate that they blatantly acknowledge this is not Dio, this is AI. He would've probably said with a smile "There you go, they don't need me anymore they have Not Dio instead of Dio now".

THE TWO BECOMES THE LAST IN MID AUGUST

        In late Spring 2022 my household ordered just over twenty chickens. These were my first. We raised the baby chicks and I really grew to like them. They had a very interesting presence and innocence in their simple ways like their excitement to have treats or scratch for bugs. By late April 2026 we had about six of our first chickens left with the rest having died of health issues or predators. We had plenty of Silkie's and bantam hens by that point, but the big hens were our first ones and were special. One of the last big gray ones died that month. She was strong and a bit distrustful but she really softened up towards the end and let me hold her the last couple of days. Two more died the following month in May. One was a gray hen with dark eyes who would run up to people, squawk, and then peck at their legs for attention. I called her mother hen or bossy bird sometimes. The other was a light red hen with a bloodshot eye.  

        On June 26th we lost a fairly dominant red hen who died under the coop. She had seemed a little off but chickens, especially the stronger ones, will hide it because they don't like to show weakness; the other chickens can be cruel. I didn't expect it but when it happened it wasn't a surprise. She used to run around with some of the other stronger hens. One of those hens looked just like her, almost a twin, but the other hens would peck at her and she was missing all of her feathers on top or her head. She ended up being our last red hen after June 26th. One of our gray hens named Tiny had been pecked bald too. She had an almost twin too. She died late in 2024. Afterwards Tiny regained all of her feathers on her head and became the prettiest hen for a while before we lost her in mid 2025. 

        So after the dominant red hen died in June her bald twin began regaining her feathers. It reminded me so much of Tiny with the glow up that followed the death of her sister. The previously bald red hen ended up being one of the last two of our first hens. I remember her amongst all the hens swarming me in the yard when I would hold down a handful of treats. Although there were only two it was very special.

        It was a very hot and humid summer here in south Florida. The two big hens were in their coop with a rooster we call Roger and a small brown hen. The big gray hen would stand in the water dish to try and stay cool which I thought was funny. My mother put four tiny almost newly hatched chicks under her one night back in 2023 and she raised them. One ended up being a miniature rooster. When he was newly hatched he looked exactly like Roger from an old Spongebob I saw when I was maybe twelve so I named him Roger. Roger and the little brown hen were the last two of her babies. One was small and thin and died in 2023. I remember opening the pen door and she walked right into my hands and shed a little feather that I still have. She could fly but usually stood on the ground with Roger. Another died earlier in 2026. The coop was getting pretty empty.

        Below is a picture of the gray hen with Roger ( the lighter chick in the center ), one of the brown hens to the right, the little thin brown hen is in the center, and the other brown hen is behind the gray hen.



         

Here are pictures of the gray hen,  the last red hen with Roger, and the last of the brown hens. They love tomatoes.


 

 

 

 

        The pictures do not capture the feeling of being with them over time or their little personalities and also the way they look at you with the familiarity and curiosity. It is the same with any pets.

        In early and mid August the big red hen would lie down with her head hunched down. She looked a little puffy which was a bad sign but it was hot and when they were let out of the coop to run around she seemed fine, but they do hide pain and sickness so I kind of knew. 

        I made it a point to give them treats in the late afternoons and pick her up and gently scratch her under the neck. She would come over to me while I sat and I would hold her and tell her how pretty she was. She softened up a bit towards me. She started looking a little pale in early August so I made sure to hold her when I could. On the 10th she wouldn't stand up and walk out of the pen so we had to get her out. I knelt down when they went up at sunset and held her in the coop doorway with her body and head against the side of my head as it hanged down a bit. She allowed it and she had a look with love and trust between a pet and master. I thanked her like I did with the other hens in previous posts. I even borrowed a phone and got some pictures of her like the one above where she is visibly pale compared with Roger. 

 

 

 

        On Tue August 11th she wouldn't leave the coop in the afternoon. My mother went back to check on her and she had collapsed and died, almost in the same spot as her sister. I wanted to bury her around a tree nearby where I had been burying the big hens late at night. I buried the previous red one there one afternoon as my night owl stuff seemed to be ending and I had a spot beside it for her. I was going to try to bury her at night like those times before. I usually had a mystical feeling along with owls hooting in the distance when I buried previous hens. My father buried her on his own somewhere else in the afternoon so I guess the mystical nighttime experiences are dying off. This has been a theme since two small owls came to me and died after midnight last year. The dog chasing the owl away just as night fell earlier in August comes to mind too.

        The big gray hen and her babies are the last of our early chickens along with a fluffy white Silkie hen who showed up in the yard a few years ago.

REVISITING THE PAST AND DEATH

        I have been watching The Hunger Games lately. I saw them years ago and decided to watch them again. In the second one there is an elderly woman forced into the games. She was simple, kind, and was unable to speak. She reminded me so much of my grandmother who passed away in October 2025. My grandmother grew up on the east coast of Sicily in sight of Mt. Etna. When she died Mt. Etna was going through a series of eruptions. This may be normal as its an active volcano but it still stood out to me. It was better that my grandmother passed because she was not really living with her dementia but the film brought it back up. 

        I looked through some old phone pictures and found some of the chickens. I also found some of Hercules and Lady and I tried to send quite a few to my email but most did not go through. Maybe another time. Below is the last picture taken of Hercules to my knowledge. He was sedated but he would wake a bit to try and comfort me and my mother as we cried by lifting his neck up to be scratched.    



        On Saturday August 15th I was cooking in the kitchen. I was having some negative thoughts and walked outside. It had been raining quite a bit so the yards outside were a bit saturated. There were at least a hundred of these white birds with pointy beaks picking bugs out of the neighbors yard. They suddenly all started flying towards the road in front of the house. Some circled back and flew over our yard overhead. All of the rushing color white and the loud sound of the all of the flapping wings made me forget those negative thoughts instantly. It was an almost mystical experience and it had a subtle but almost magical calming effect. It was just after 4:45 PM when I walked back inside so it may of happened at 4:44. A bit later while finishing up in the kitchen it was 5:22 which has also stood out to me more than once lately and maybe I will elaborate more someday. 

        Around 6 AM on Thursday August 27th I checked the stats for this blog and I will just say there were many repeating 2's in the different numbers. Two can represent many things like partnership. 


Comments

popular posts